Search This Blog

Wednesday 4 July 2012

'B is for BEER' and THE BAD BOYFRIEND BEER POEM

Well.  I spent a long time toying with the letter B and what I could possibly discuss relating to it in terms of the bad boyfriend.  After 3 agonising minutes, I decided there is really only one 'B word' that I could blog about and that word is BEER.



                                                                  'B is for BEER'

Do you know what, I like beer. Actually it's one of my favourite things to drink.  Most recently at a barbeque with friends I created and drank a pint of chocolate ale with a scoop of salted caramel ice cream in it... like a beer float, and it was yummy, nobody else really agreed, well, one chap did, but his theory was that any alcoholic drink consumed in quantity can become pleasing, even if you think it tastes fucking awful at first sip.  I get this, I once thought gin tasted horrible, how ridiculous!  'Gin' the cure of all bad in the world!  Crazy!

I didn't really date a serious beer drinker until around the 2006 mark, when I was 25.  I was kind of naive to the world of alcoholism, well just naive to the damage alcohol can do to a person and a relationship....

I have too many beer stories to tell, and I will probably come to each and every one of them throughout the course of this blog, so I have written a Bad Boyfriend Beer poem....




THE BAD BOYFRIEND BEER POEM

It hadn't been a long time
but that night when he was pissed (again)
he took her by the hand
and on her finger he laid a kiss

He said, I love you pretty darling
and, I love you all the time
and, I want to make you happy
and, then he fell asleep on the sofa....

So she plucked the stella from his fingers
and kissed him on the head
she really should be angry
but she dragged him up to bed

(he was really fucking heavy)

And they lay together
whilst she dreamed of what could be
and he lay on his back snoring
until she slept (eventually)

Morning came and he awoke her
with some flowers and a kiss
and everything was perfect
"happy birthday Elmonalis"

It's elmonalissa's birthday
she's really super pleased,
her boyfriend has a suprise for her,
he's gonna get down on one knee

And so it was they parted
as she spent the day with friends
and he went off to work
to earn her birthday spends ;)

(well probably enought to put a bluey on the electric)

That evening when she saw her cake
and candles all aglow
she made a secret wish
that he would show (her what he had in his jacket pocket so hurry up already)

And so they ate together
and munched on chocolae cake
and she gazed into his (bleary) eyes
and wondered if she's made a (terrible) mistake

He'd only had 6 carling cans
he usually handled more
he seemed a little swayey
as he stumbled into the kitchen door (and bumped his stupid head, and fell over)

(so he had one glass of her wine to ease the pain)

...

And there it was, it happened
in the kitchen, on the floor
he told her that he loved her
and to get his jacket from the door

As she fumbled in his pockets
she felt dispairingly
as she saw her future husband
shitfaced... totally

And there it was he asked her
if she would ...
He said
"you wanna make a go of this then bird"

"Erm.... this is not how I pictured it to be honest, can you ask me tomorrow when you're sober"


TO BE CONTINUED.........






No comments:

Post a Comment